Papeete, Tahiti Saturday February 16
First of all Sea Days.....February 14, 15....Shipboard Meanderings Well we have 2 more sea days until Papeete, and since we did not get off in Easter Island we have been ship-bound for 11 days, and going just a little bit stir crazy. The south Pacific is a very lonely place. Miles and miles of nothing but water. When we sailed here last in 2012 we saw tons of flying fish getting stirred up by the wake of the ship. Now, very few, and have no idea why. I was hoping for a few clear nights to look at the southern sky, but we have had cloudy skies. I am now reading my 5th book..... Bruce is becoming known on the ship as the "coin man". Apparently he has everyone on the ship...including the crew, collecting coins for him from all over the world. They are giving him handfuls at a time. Piles show up on our dinner table, and fellow passengers are always looking for "that man with the great mustache" ( I keep telling him that he is confusing "great" with "g...


Comments
Post a Comment